Letters have gone out to members today saying that I regret that I (David Powell) am standing down as chairman, partly because I have moved out of Camberley. It is very disappointing that we have not yet found anyone willing to be chairman. It is difficult to attract new trustees and the number of members is declining. I feel there is no other option but to wind up the society, unless somebody comes forward.
There will therefore be an extraordinary general meeting at 7.45 pm on 5th December 2019 in the Vestry at the High Cross Church in Camberley. There will be just two resolutions:
- That the meeting agrees to wind up the Camberley Society
- To distribute the balance of funds equally, as at the date of the meeting, between:
- Camfest (a new charity which was initiated by the Camberley Society
- The Blackwater Valley Countryside Trust (BVCT) specifically for Natural Surrey Heath (set up jointly by the Camberley Society and BVCT)
- The Rotary Club of Camberley
It is not too late for anyone interested in becoming chairman to put their name forward. So if you know of anyone they should contact me before or at the start of the EGM. My contact details are below. I strongly recommend that members cancel their standing order, certainly once we have had the EGM.
Please let me know if you are coming to the EGM (so we have enough seats). Thank you for your support.